Access Statement for 44 Postern Close, Bishops Wharf, York
Our self catering flat is on the first floor of an apartment block. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
- We have a basic website. See www.yorkholidayflat.co.uk
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via email or phone
- The nearest bus stop in the town is 150 metres from the entrance.
- The nearest train station (York Station) is 1 kilometre away; there are accessible taxis at the station
- We can provide information in large print on request
- The nearest RADAR toilets from the flat are 750 metres to Nunnery Lane Car Park and 800 metres to St. Georges Field (Open 1st April – 30th September only)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a car park adjacent to the flat block with an allocated space for the flat (marked on a paviour the number – 44).
- Car park is level paving, flat and even
- There is ample lighting to the parking area – with CCTV surveillance.
- Parking is 15 metres away from the entrance
- The entrance is reached directly from the car park across the road with low kerbs either side
- The entrance is clearly visible from the car park
Main Entrance & Reception
- The entrance lobby and entrance door have no steps. The door is hinged on the right opening out.
- The door is 90cm wide and the key hole lock is 90cm high
- Inside the front entrance is a large inner lobby which leads to the lift or staircase.
- The lift doors are 75cm wide, the interior is 1.2 by 1.2 metres. It has visual and audio floor indicators and call switch. There is an emergency telephone fitted.
- The staircase is 2 flights to the first floor with landing in between.
The stairs are 18.1cm high, 30cm deep and 97cm wide. They have hand rail on one side.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- First floor corridor 90cm wide
- Décor is contrasting with skirting’s and doors (dark skirting and light walls) carpets are light brown.
- Fire alarm fitted to whole block
- The door to No 44 is 85cm wide inwards opening to a small lobby. It is a fire door so is heavy and has an assisted closer. It is hinged on the left and open inwards. The key hole is 80cm high.
- There is a threshold of 4mm when entering the flat
Public Areas – WC
- Not Available
- The inner lobby leads through separate doors to the bedroom, bathroom and lounge/kitchen.
- Doors 70cm wide, contrasting colours for skirting, carpet and doors
- Lounge and bedroom carpeted throughout with short pile carpet. Kitchen and bathroom floor tiling.
- Smoke alarm fitted in living area and lobby.
Dining Room & Lounge
- Door width 69cm
- The dining area is open plan with the lounge. Door to kitchen.
- Square Table (moveable side to side) – legs on each corner, 65cm floor to lowest point of table (underspace), 1.2 metres long, 1.2 metres wide and 75cm high
- Free space on two sides of table is at least 85cm all around.
- Chairs (moveable) – 4 chairs with padded seat and no arms.
- There is free space of 1.25 by 1 metre clear of doors and furniture
- Flooring is short pile carpet throughout
- Furniture is moveable.
- Two double sofas provided both armed
- Flat screen TV provided with remote control (also available are DVD, stereo with CD, radio and tape)
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washer which is front loading, provided in the kitchen. A separate dryer is available but requires moving to the kitchen window for extraction purposes
- Door width 69cm
- Double bed provided – 4ft. 6ins.
- Bed height 58cm floor to top of mattress.
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are cotton
- Largest transfer space available to left of bed of 1.3 metres
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 160cm by 220cm
Bathroom & WC
- Door width 64cm
- Bath with flexible shower over with vertical hand rail to the right of the shower controls
- Bathheight is 56 cm. Integral bath rails available on both sides
- Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 1.9 by 1.7 metres
- Toilet seat height 45cm
- Space to right of toilet is 20cm, no available space to the left
- Flooring is laminate
- Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture
- Release mechanism on outside of locked door
- Space under washbasin is taken up with a vanity unit.
- Kitchen with door from lounge 69cm
- Worktop height 90cm.
- Low level oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 40cm
- Sink is 90cm high with cupboards underneath
- Hob is 90cm high and halogen
- Flooring is laminate.
- At least 89cm free space between all furniture and worktops
- Evenly lit kitchen.
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Tall Fridge and Freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 170cm
- Small balcony available from lounge via sliding doors. There is a threshold of 10mm.
- Information folder is available with comprehensive enclosures.
- Good mobile phone reception.
- Evacuation of flats is lead by the site manager, please inform on arrival of individual requirements in case of evacuation. There is a refuge area on the first floor to the right of the stair case. Please let the site manager know if you are unlikely to hear the fire alarm – a visual indicator is available on request.
- The flat is no smoking
- The flat does not accommodate pets.
- A variety of shops, cafes and take-away available 250 metres.
- Not Available
- Not available
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- Not Available
|• Local carers. York Carers Centre, 17 Priory Street, York YO1 6ET. Tel :- (01904) 715490 http://www.yorkcarerscentre.co.uk/ Download York Carers Centre’s leaflet http://www.yorkcarerscentre.co.uk/webfm_send/96|
- Local equipment companies: Enterprise Complex, Walmgate, York YO1 9TT.
Tel. (01904)611516 http://www.livingindependent.co.uk/
- Local public transport numbers:
Bus Info (01904) 551 550 http://www.itravelyork.info/buses
Train info 08457 225 333 or (01904) 551 550 http://www.itravelyork.info/journey-planning/travel-options/trains
- Local accessible taxi numbers:
The Accessible Taxi – AWBVIP – 01904 264128 www.taxitravelyork.co.uk/index.htm
- Shopmobility: The Shopmobility Centre is located on Level 2, Piccadilly Car Park above Marks & Spencer Home and Boots the Chemist in the Coppergate Centre, which is in the centre of York. Tel. (01904) 679222. http://www.visityork.org/information/shopmobility.aspx
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please email : email@example.com
Copyright © 2002, Postern Close Holiday Apartment
Revised – 22nd August 2015